1920ties party – Cocktail party boat Miami
Hosting a 1920ties party is trendy and classy! Add elegance planning it on a yacht in Miami.
Water Fantaseas give you 3 essentials tips and tricks to break it!
From the beginning – Theme
If we think about the 20’s movies, we can all come up with the same conclusion: prosperity. USA’s wealth more than doubled from 1920 to 1929. For the first time, more americans lived in cities than in farms. So the colour to choose?
Gold of course, with black for decoration it’s a great idea.
Red, white and blue are good colours to mix with as well.
In the 20’s the card games were extremely popular so make sure to add that to your event as well. Blackjack, Minute Maid, Go Fish, Mah Jong… Are just some games that will take your entertainment to a new level.
Food and drinks
Appetizers that were popular on speakeasy menus:
- Oysters Rockefeller
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Cheese and olive platters
- Nuts platters
And the drinks? If you organize a fancy 1920’s party you don’t want to have common drinks.
The popular cocktails in that age were:
- Gin Rickey: This chill cocktail is made up of gin, lime juice, and seltzer.
- French 75: Champagne-based cocktail was the 1915 invention of Harry MacElhone, who mixed gin, champagne, lemon juice, and two dashes of simple syrup.
- Sidecar: The recipe includes cognac, triple sec, and lemon juice.
- The South Side Fizz: This cocktail mixes gin, lemon juice, club soda, mint, and simple syrup.
- Bee’s Knees: Combines gin with honey, lemon juice, and orange juice
Absinthe was also really popular drink with its “hallucinogenic symptoms” (not true) so the US government and most of Europe banned it.
Jazz music’s age. Young people with cars going where they wanted to do the most: Dancing and waving with their dresses.
In all the streaming music platforms you will find a lot of playlist containing 1920’s music: Louis Armstrong, Bessie Smith, Jelly Rot, Al Jonson and other amazing artists.
What are you waiting for? With these tips you have everything you need to break this party boat in Miami.
Call us today to enquire more about our services: (305) 531-1480